Pages

April 20, 2010

Ready or Not...

I am heading for my first writers conference this week. Wow! But, I do feel like I felt when going to my first Prom--where I wore a borrowed dress (it looked like one a polygamist women would wear, this was the early 80's) and of course I couldn't dance. If any of you have seen the "Elaine Dance" on Jerry Seinfeld than you know what I'm talking about; and there's nothing like seeing a polygamist doing the Elaine Dance! All this preparation and getting ready, and I'm not sure what to expect.

I have had almost 5 months to prepare and this is where I stand: One manuscript that I decided to redraft (again) last month; One Screenplay (still written in spiral notebooks because I can't decide which screen writing software to purchase; and an unfinished manuscript, which happens to be the one I decided to review with an editor from Delacorte-an imprint of Random House. What was I thinking!

Well, I will go, learn the ins and outs, meet writers and enjoy.

My biggest fear is that, since it's an LDS writers conference, they'll be patting us down to make sure we don't bring in any contraband--like Diet Coke!!!

No comments: