Pages

March 27, 2010

I met a real writer...

I have a special friend who lately has been encouraging me to get out of my shell and go forward by signing up for writing conferences and meet authors and actually comment on blogs. I have taken her advice and have found that, although I consider myself lacking in people skills, I actually have it in me to do these things. Even though I still feel awkward and nerdy.

Today I met author Josi S. Kilpack. She has 11 books published and today she did a presentation at my son's Jr. High for career day. She did a fabulous job on her presentation to these scary Jr. high kids--which I would be very intimidated by--she had them, as well as myself, hanging on every word!

I met her in Mrs. Gray's English classroom. She was so nice and answered my questions very patiently. When it came time for the kids to file in and for her to do her presentation, Mrs. Gray asked me if I would like to introduce Josi in front of the students. I chuckled. Somehow she had gotten the impression that Josi and I were best buds! I'm sure she received this impression because of the friendliness of Josi, herself. And...of course I would have been honored to introduce her as my best friend and author of 11 books, the one and only Josi Kilpack! With a round of applause from the audience. Maybe someday...

But, in the meantime, I recommend any of you to pick up one of her books and read it. I am going to buy her book Lemon Tart. Check out her blog, listed above. If any of you have read it or have any comments please write them below. And...thanks to many wonderful friends and family who are encouraging me in my profession. I appreciate you all!

1 comment:

Cluttered Brain said...

Hey you!! Wendy dear!
i think you need to tell us what you thought of Casual blogger conference?
K?
Please? With a cherry on top?