Pages

October 12, 2015

Location Photos for Host Writer Book II

Below are a couple photos of a location I use in Host Writer Book II. The location was discovered during last month's research trip to Britain.

In the dark of night, my husband and I arrived by ferry to the Orkney Islands. We traveled by car to Mainland, Orkney and discovered the town of Evie. Surprised by the name of the town, which is also the name of one of our daughters, we came across a magical bed-and-breakfast called Woodwick House situated in some woodlands.

Upon arriving so late and with no reservation we surprised the hostess. She told us she couldn't believe we had found Woodwick with no knowledge of how to get there. She loved our adventurous spirit and was gracious and kind. She put us up in the former Laird's room. So cool!

We awoke to a sunrise that revealed views of flowering gardens, scampering bunnies, the lush woodlands and a burn that cascaded to the nearby bay. One look around and I knew I'd use this location in my book.






No comments: